Zack Skrepnyk – STFX Baseball Strength and Conditioning Coach
Zack Skrepnyk, the Strength and Conditioning Coach (NSCA CSCS) for St. Francis Xavier, graduated from the University of Alberta with a Bachelor of Physical Education degree with a major in Physical Education and Sport Performance.
His main goal is to deliver a superlative experience, educating students about physiological principles relating to health, fitness and athletic performance. He’s responsible for developing student’s competence and confidence within a training setting.
He is in charge of the strength and conditioning programs as well as fitness testing for all academies.
The focus of the academy programs are more directed toward performance and the development of training like a professional athlete, and to prepare athletes for the next step, whether it be post-secondary athletics or professional.
Zack is passionate about his career and loves to see students and young athletes succeed on and off the “field”. He has worked with a variety of athletes and groups at many different levels of development including:
Strength and Conditioning Overview
- Provincial, National Development (Representing Canada)
- Alpine Skiing (Provincial, National, Paralympic-National)
- Diving (Provincial, National)
- Figure Skating (Provincial)
- Rugby (Provincial, National: Olympic)
- Speed Skating (Provincial)
- Cross Country Skiing (Provincial)
- Swimming (Olympian Swim Club) (Provincial, National)
- Synchronized Swimming (Provincial)
- Volleyball (Provincial Development Camp)
- University of Alberta Pandas Women’s Soccer
- University of Alberta Men’s and Women’s Bears and Pandas Golf
Academies and Team Training
- Edge School Skill Academy: Hockey (Grande Prairie)
- St. Joseph Catholic High School Athletic Development Program (Grande Prairie)
- St. Francis Xavier High School Academies: Baseball, Golf, Hockey, Lacrosse, Soccer (Edmonton)
- Hockey Alberta (Grande Prairie: Dryland Training)
- South Peace Volleyball Club